Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chapter 4

Literary Luminary

"How's that Jem...?" "Well, Indian-heads-well, they come from the Indians. They're real strong magic, they make you have good luck. Not like fried chicken when you're not lookin' for it"(35).

I chose this passage because I thought it was funny, and it shows off the Author's style.

"We had strolled to the front yard, where Dill stood looking down the street at the dreary face of the Radley place. "I smell death," he said. "I do, I mean it," (36).

I chose this passage, because it interests me. The house gives of a feeling of death, and it kind of makes me scared reading it. The author also gives a feeling that something isn't right.

"I was fairly sure Boo Radley was inside that house, but I couldn't prove it," (39).

I think this is extremely important, because it might set the plot for the rest of the book.

"Atticus's arrival was the second reason I wanted to quit the game. The first reason happened the day I rolled into the Radley front yard. Through all the head shaking, quelling of nausea and Jem yelling, I had heard another sound, so low I could not have heard it from the sidewalk. Someone inside the house was laughing"(41).

I think this is extremely controversial, because on page 39 Scout was fairly sure that Boo Radley was still alive but she couldn't prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment