Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chapter 7

Disscussion
Why does Jem write a letter to leave in the tree?
Who do you think is leaving the gifts?
Why does Nathan Radley fill the hole with cement?

Literary Luminary

"As Atticus once advised me to do, I tried to climb into Jem's Skin and walk around in it" (57).


I chose this passage because, it reminds me of the quote i read in a book called "Walk To Moons".

"The boy had on shorts, and a shock of soapy hair fell to his eyebrows. I looked up at Jem. A point of straight brown hair kicked downwards from his part. I had never noticed it before. Jem looked to the girl-doll to me. The girl-doll wore bangs. So did I" (60).

I chose this passage because i thought it was kind of scary and I also remembered, a video Miss Olson showed us in class, about Haiti and why they are "cursed".

"He had been on the verge of telling me something all evening; his face would brighten and he would lean toward me, then change his mind" (61).

I chose this passage because it interests me in what Jem wants to Tell Scout.

"Mr Radley turned around. "Mr. Radley, ah-did you put cement in that hole in that tree down yonder?" " Yes" he said. "I filled it up." "Why'd you do it, sir?" " Tree's dying. You plug 'em with cement when they're sick. You ought to know that, Jem" (62).

I chose this passage because later on when Jem asked Atticus if the tree was sick or dying Atticus, said no.

Illustrator

The hole in the tree reminded me of a mailbox. In this chapter mr. Radley cemented it. He told Jem that the tree was sick, but it wasn't. I think he cemented it because he noticed that his son had contact with the world outside his house and he wanted to prevent that.

MAILBOX

Summarizer
Scout and Jem start finding little objects in the knot-hole.One day,the finally decide to sent the person who has been leaving objects behind a letter.But soon Mr.Radley tells them that he covered up the knot-hole ( where the letter was) because apparently he thought the tree was dying. According to Atticus though,its as healthy as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment