Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chapter 8

Disscussion

Why doesn’t Miss Maudie want help from others? What does this say about her as a character?

Who is Miss Maudie more like Atticus or Miss Caroline? Why?


Literary Luminary

"See what you've done? He said. It hasn't snowed in Maycomb since Appomattox. Its bad children like you makes the seasons change"(65).

I chose this passage because it reminds me of when My family and I were in Greece and my sister stole some ancient rocks from the Acropolis. They say when you steel rocks from there it rains.

"Hush scout,it ain't time to worry yet"(69).

I chose this passage because I think it shows foreshadowing.

"I looked down and found myself clutching a brown woolen blanket I was wearing around my shoulders, squaw-fashion"(71).

I was interested in this passage because later Atticus says that Boo/Arther Radley gave Scout the blanket when she wasn't looking.



Illustrator

In this chapter the house of ms. Maudie is burning down. Everyone from the whole town seemed to be there. The fire almost went over to the Finches house and everyone was horrified. In this video an old house is burning down (its really noisy should be watched silent) .

VIDEO

Summarizer
As it starts to snow,Mrs.Radkey's death is heard of but there is still no appeareance of Boo anywhere,Scout and Jem start making a snowman,which they make sure looks like Mr.Avery until Atticus arrives.That night,Scout is awakened to see Miss Maudie's house burn down, the fire almost touched their house. With all the commotion,Scout doesn't even notice that Boo Radley put on a blanket for her,has he finally decided to come out?

No comments:

Post a Comment