Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chapter 15

Literary Luminary
"I've never heard of a gang in Maycomb. Ku klux got after some Catholics one time" (147).

I chose this passage because, this sounds a bit suspicious. This passage shows the readers that there are some secrets in Maycomb.

"Hey Mr. Cunningham. the man did not hear me, it seemed. Hey Mr. Cunningham. How's your entailment gettin' along? ......Don't you remember me, Mr. Cunningham?......I go to school with Walter. Hes your boy, ain't he? Ain't he, sir? Mr. Cunningham was moved to a faint nod. He did know me, after all. He's in my grade, I said. And he does right well. He's a good boy, I added. A real nice boy. We brought him home for dinner one time. Maybe he told you about me, I beat him up one time but he was real nice about it. Tell him hey for me, won't you?"(153-154).

I chose this passage because after scout finished talking to Mr. Cunningham, all the men left Atticus. This shows that the men really thought about what they were going to do, and realized that they were doing something wrong.

"Finally Atticus returned, switched off the light above the jail door, and picked up his chair. Can I carry it for you Mr. Finch? asked Dill.... Sure son" (155).

I chose this passage because it shows that Dill is getting older and feels like a family member. Even Atticus says sure son.



Summarizer

Dill is finally allowed to stay at Maycomb and for a few days there is peace.One day,men gather up to speak to Atticus at home and Jem worries that the Ku Klux are back and he is worried abotu Atticus. Sunday night,Jem decideds to sneak out since Atticus did the unbelievable and took their car. As he gets up,Scout decides togot with him and Dill joins them too. Apparently,Atticus ended up at the Maycomb jail as they get closer to him Scout runs up to Atticus,surprising him. When Atticus tells Jem to take them home,he refuses many times until they see Mr.Cunnigham.When he leaves Atticus tells Tom that they "won't bother you anymore" (155).

Illustrator
Jem sneaks out to follow his dad who left with the car. Scout and Dill decide to join him.
PICTURE

Disscussion

· What do you think of Jem’s behavior in this chapter?

· Notice Scout’s naivety; describe a time when you were naive.

· Does Scout understand the situation?

· Why do you think Mr. Cunningham leads the mob?

· Why does Dill carry the chair for Atticus? What does this gesture suggest?







No comments:

Post a Comment